Saturday, August 13, 2011

Miss Universe 2011 predictions before their arrivals in Brazil




So the girls should be arriving in Brazil in two weeks, I'm making my last prediction list before their arrivals. It's going to be a very competitive year with so many girls having so much potential. There's a lot of Latinas in my list as well as Europeans. I've included Dark Horses, Alternatives and my top 15 predictions.
Dark Horses
25. South Africa
I really really like this girl. When she first won the Miss South Africa crown I really thought she was Miss Universe material. As time has gone by it's almost like she's fizzled. It's gonna be all about styling for her. There's something about her hair that seems fake. South Africa has made top 15 every year since 2008, hopefully she can keep the trend.
24. Mauritius 
She seems to be very popular among other beauty pageant followers. I don't see it as of now but I can see her being a pleasant surprise. Mauritius has never made the semifinals. Island girls are usually never strong, hopefully she's different. 
23. Israel

So at one point I had Israel in my top 15. I really like this girl, she just seems weak and not very prepared. She's another girl that if she manages to ease herself into the semifinals she'll be a total surprise. She's not making many lists either. 
22. Egypt
I like her. She's oozes sex appeal with can benefit a girl tremendously. I don't know how serious or prepared she is. It will be nice to see Egypt's first placement.
21. Bolivia
I like this girl she has an amazing body and she's also half Brazilian. I can see her being a total surprise. 
Alternatives 
20. Malaysia
This year's Miss Malaysia is actually from the 2007 Miss World class. The last two times girls from that class competed in Miss Universe they both placed as 1st runner up.  I don't think she will be able to follow that trend, but I see her being very strong. Facially there's something about her face that bugs me but other than that the body is good. Malaysia has placed one other time in 1972.
19. Finland
Another girl that was in my top 15. I don't know about Finland. They usually lack in styling. This year's delegate is actually very beautiful. I need to see more from her. 
18. Czech Republic
LOVE LOVE her. She's simply beautiful. She's not making many list though. I can see her taking the spot of one of the front runners like say (Mexico, Costa Rica, Australia.) 
17. Bahamas
I'm really starting to like this girl. She actually competed in both the 2004 Miss Teen USA and 2009 Miss USA pageant representing Florida. She seems very strong and very well prepared. Another girl that can take the spot of a front runner. 
16. Venezuela
Could it happen again? Will Venezuela be left out of the running for a second year in a row? I want to see it but I just can with her. She's a very beautiful girl but I feel like she's been through one to many transformations since she won the Miss Venezuela crown. She's gone from blonde to brunet to dark to blonde again who knows what she will look like when she arrives in Brazil. 
Top 15 


15. Trinidad & Tobago
She's one of those girl's that really really needs to bring it. Her spot can easily be taken by say (Bahamas, Israel or Mauritius.) She's actually very beautiful and she placed 2nd runner at the 2008 Miss World pageant. But I've said it once and I'll say it again what they look for in Miss World, Miss Universe isn't necessarily looking for. Two wayyyyy different pageants. 
14. Costa Rica
I'm in love with this girl. She's beautiful and has a sick body. Costa Rica isn't necessarily considered a "power house" though. Girl's in the past who had all the potential in the world were left out. She's going to have to come bringing it 100X more than other girls. She can easily go higher than a top 15 placement. 
13. Angola
I actually had this girl placed higher, but she's fizzled. I can still see her making the semifinals. She's very beautiful and has been training very hard in Brazil. 
12. Puerto Rico
To me she looks like every other girl from Puerto Rico, but she's making a lot of lists. People really seem to like her. She can easily loose her spot to someone more deserving. 
11. Mexico
It makes me sad to say this but she's lost it for me. When she first won Nuestra Belleza Mexico back in September I was almost sure she was going to pull a back to back and win Mexico's third crown. As time has gone by she's really fizzled. She has the body to pull herself through. I really hope I'm wrong and pulls the unthinkable like back in 2009 when Stefania from Venezuela wasn't really considered a threat and was able to win Venezuela's first back to back. 
Top 10
10. Ghana
Another girl who competed in the 2009 Miss USA pageant and was able to place in the top 15 representing Minnesota.  I really like her she will make it on the final night where exactly she will end up I still don't know. 
9. Greece
Loving this girl. She's so fresh and an upgrade from last year's Miss Greece. It just worries me that she might come across as more of a "model" than a pageant girl. I can see her placing high. 
8. Peru
She's making many lists. I can see her placing very high. Peru hasn't made the semifinals since 2005 where they placed among the top 10. 
7. Netherlands
Another country that lacks in styling. Let's hope they don't this year as they are sending a very well deserving girl. She seems very prepared and has an amazing body. 
6. Ukraine
I love Ukraine this year. Last year's 4th placement was a total surprise but I don't think it will this year. As of now I have her among the top 10 but she can easily ease her way to top 5. She's beautiful and has gone through an intense preparation. 
Top 5
5. Australia
Simply beautiful. Australia has done it again, they have sent a very worthy delegate. She's beautiful in every way. She will place very high if not win it all. She reminds me a lot of Jennifer Hawkins. The only thing I ask is that she tones up a little more.
4. China
China really got it right this year. She's probably one of the strongest girls this year. I just really hope she doesn't fizzle as soon as she arrives in Brazil. It's a lot of pressure once they arrive. She will be go far.
3. Panama
The final three girls are worthy of the crown. This year girl from Panama is stunning. She has the body the face the training. She will go far. I can see her placing very high.
2. Kosovo
It's between her and the girl I have predicted to win as of now. Kosovo since it's debut in 2008 has become a power house in a very short time. She's just stunning. She has the body as well. She will go far. There's only one girl standing in her way of the crow and that is...
1. USA
USA! It's her game to loose as of right now. Alyssa is a very beautiful and determined girl. She placed 1st runner up at the 2007 Miss Teen USA pageant. Later tried not once but twice to capture the Miss New Jersey crown placing 1st runner up in 2009 and then only a semifinalist in 2010. She then moved to California where in her first try beat the odds and beat out (over 300 girl) for the Miss California Crown. Once she arrived in Las Vegas for the Miss USA pageant she was a front runner and took it all. This time it's no different she's the one to beat. If she doesn't win she will at least place as 1st runner up or 2nd runner up but she will be up there. Good Luck!

Other girls to keep an eye on are Philippines, Argentina, Uruguay, Switzerland, Sweden and Denmark.
So there you have it. My pre-predictions before the girls start arriving in Brazil. I know there's going to be a lot of surprises as there always is. Girls who once were strong will fizzle and girls that went unnoticed will rise from wherever they've been hiding. :) Till then....